Sunday, October 26, 2008

Yes I am still here

Chasing three kids through the summer and right on into fall and now winter. I have had very little time for much of anything except driving and waiting. However, I took some time a week or so ago and took a class from Cara Gulati. She is an amazing art quilter. The class was a struggle for me as it really made me get out of my little box and bend and stretch and finally reach for something creative deep down inside. It was so difficult the first day that I actually had to leave the room to draw my design because I couldn't stay focus. I imagine that the cold I had had for the last two weeks was a contributing factor, that and the sinus headache. But the class was two days and I was not going to miss out cause I was sick. So the next day was better and I actually finished my little swirly design. But all alone I really didn't care two much for it.
And the colors Well lets just say in the store it was all I could do not to cringe and shake. I didn't like the stripe with all that orange and orange is one of my favorite colors. Well I like it now and I have added to it. I don't have a picture yet but I will before the end of the week. I promise to post it. Well it is time to chase my three kids off to bed. But I had this burning desire to keep my blog spot alive. somehow. So I am making a pack to write once a week.
Have a great week and look again for pictures.





These are the pictures I promise so long ago. The quilt is still in this state. Someday it will grow and be free.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see a photo of your quilt. I am so glad to hear it grew on you and that you like it!

Cara