Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Finally able to slow down a bit

My apologies for not posting in so long. Life has a tendency to get in the way of things we enjoy doing. Anyway, I believe it has slowed for a time and so I will catch you up on my crafting side.

I finally finished the Postcard for susan and she has recieved it. I am not sure what she thought as she saved it to be opened at a meeting of some sort. I look forward to hearing the reaction she got when it was opened. Here is a picture of what I sent.





The quilt of prayer is almost finished as well, all that is left is the binding the Longarm quilter called me yesterday and I will have it tomrrow to finish this weekend. I would like to mail it off this next week. here is a picture of the front with the borders on. When I get it back and bound I will take a better picture of the front and the back. The back actually turned into a quilt of its own. So i guess it is somewhat reversable. Although, the LAquilter. Said she did not center it very good and so it won't have even borders but it is after all the back of the quilt.


I have also been working on some other postcard quilts. I joined a postcard swapping group and finished my first exchange. The theme was fairies. These are the PC's I made. I will take photos of the ones I recieved and Post them later. I am still working on one PC exchange and should finish it up tomorrow morning.



And last but not least. I have been teaching my 93 year old Grandmother to make landscape quilts using steam a seam and preprinted landscape fabric and pictures of animals. We are currently working on her second quilt. I will post a picture of the first one as soon as I get the photo from my mom. It was fun and the next one is coming together nicely. This is a stretch for me as I don't usually work from pre-printed or cheater type fabrics. Making them look like they belong together is very challenging. So the creative brain has been busy and looking ahead it will not have a chance to go idle for awhile.


Oh I almost forgot. I was able to take a quilt class from Jenni Rayment in March. It was a splendid class. I have not quite finished the two small quilts we were able to start in class. But as soon as the prayer quilt is off that will be the next thing to finish. She taught us some very interesting fabric manipulation techniques. I had not ever tried the tucking or twisting type of manipulating she showed us. However, it was very simple especially since she did all the math and all I had to do was follow her instruction. The best part is now I understand what it is she is doing and so altering and trying new ways will be much easier than just looking at her book. Here is a photo of what I did get done in class.


Well, that about wraps up the last two months of crafting for me. I hope to stay on this creative roll for awhile. Although, having 3 kids with b-days and the final days of school and concerts and projects, and sports, husbands and anniversaries ,with a mini vaction for moi tossed in, will undoubtedly get in the way of finishing quilting tasks especially since one must also sleep and eat. Especially a decedent piece of chocolate and a glass of good wine to keep those creative juices flowing smoothly.

1 comment:

entoto said...

WOW! Mary, you sure can quilt. I would love to see some of your stuff up close. Those fairies look so very cute.

And what is this mini-vacation?