Saturday, March 1, 2008

Postcards and Signatures - March 1, 2008

Good morning,

I received Susan's PC last week. It is fabulous. I feel intimidate by it to some extent. Postcard Quilts are new to me and I think it might show. But what fun they are. You have a completed project in just a few hours or minutes if you really have a handle on what you are doing. The possibilities seem endless. From researching the web, I have found that some quilters use it as a way to test a new method they want to try or practice embellishing before they put it together on their main project, and some really do use them to keep in touch with others mailing them right like they are. I am not quite finished with mine but it shouldn't be long now.


I have been spending considerable time on the prayer quilt for my son's friend. I have 200 signatures from his class and found out that we needed about 50 more to have all the kids in his grade sign. The quilt is growing it will be about 90" and that is without the borders.



Our little local paper got wind of the quilt as well and want to do a story about it. I am not sure how I feel about that. But if I can twist it to be about the kids and not me that will be ok.

4 comments:

entoto said...

Mary, explain more about this process...can you show a close up of one of those pieces?

akquilter said...

Those are just the background squares with the signatures. When I get a few blocks completed I'll post another pic. :)

Cyber Fyber said...

Hi!
Right now I'm creating labels for the CYBER FYBER exhibition which requires me to "copy and paste" various blog addresses. It has also given me an opportunity to peek in on some blogs. Don't worry about your card. I'm sure it is absolutely wonderful. I'm so glad you are using your new blog! Thanks again for trading with me!
Susan

Susan Lenz said...

Hi!
It's me again! I just received your envelope for the CYBER FYBER trade. I'm resisting the urge to open it because it will be going with me to a meeting this coming Monday. It's an opportunity for me to pitch the exhibition to a corporate sponsor and a member of the South Carolina Arts Commission. My idea is to allow these people the thrill of opening a trade...and I'll be blogging about it on the CYBER FYBER journal! So...basically, this is a note to say it arrives and to let you know how very important your envelope is!
Thanks!
Susan